Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Is God in Our Corner?

Do you ever ask yourself if God is in your corner? I know that lately I have been asking that question. With so much family having just been diagnosed with cancer, it makes you wonder. This weekend my grandmother who will be 90 in November, fell and broke her hip. After making a rush trip to Edmonton, we got told that they can put a pin in her hip, but that she might not make it do to her age. You see when people get older and there not mobile, they most likely die from pneumonia or a clot. Well, what kind of hope is that? Both my girls want her around as they grew up with her in their lives and they want her to see her very first great, great grand babies. We pray that God will allow her to continue to allow her time on earth and being part of our lives, but if we listen to the medical folks, we haven't got much hope.

I have to believe that when the doctors told my parents today that my dad has non-Hodgkin's lymphoma back, that we have to believe that 8 treatments and a 2 year follow up will be enough for him to go back into remission. Was God in our corner while my dad was in remission or will he continue to be there while he goes through this round of chemo?

Will God continue to be in both my girls lives while they go through some medical times with each of their pregnancies? I pray that they both will carry to term and deliver healthy babies and that neither of them will suffer during the delivery or post-delivery. Will God be watching over them during all of these times, I pray he will be.

I pray that my brother-in-law, Steph will have surgery next week and come out of it a healthy man. I pray that God will be there to say that I was just there to help with believing in him and the system for my sister and my nephews. I want to tell them that God is in their corner watching there loved one go through something that shouldn't be happening at his young age.

These questions are part of most folks lives, as I hear it when people are reaching out for help or assurances that there loved ones will be okay. I am hoping that my faith and my families faith will let us to continue believing that God is in our corner and that we can continue praying to him for re-assurance. As I believe in God and all that he stands for. What about you and your families situations, do you believe that God is in your corner?

1 comment:

Brandi said...

wow. you have asked some big questions...and i'm here to tell you that i don't have any answers for you :(

here is what i can offer you: friendship, a shoulder to cry on, and someone to listen...without judgement. although i don't know your family, i will do anything for you to help you get through this time while you support your family (hugs)

and don't forget to lean to jack at all times...he's a big guy, so i think he can handle it!