Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hide' N Seek

Okay when you really want to find or see something and that other person doesn't want to be found...isn't there a message hidden in that? Breanne & Marc went for their ultrasound today and left being disappointed that they couldn't find out the gender of their baby - okay only one of them left disappointed as the other one does not want to know. The technician was even frustrated as she was unable (2nd time around)to get some of the readings that she needed to get. What should of taken 20 minutes, took 1 unsuccessful hour. The baby in the pictures that they got even gestured with their index finger to go away and then proceeded to roll onto his/her tummy and go into recluse. Me, I really wanted to know but when I think back to having my kids this wasn't even an option. Actually you took life the way it came - boy or girl is what you waited to hear the doctor say. Today some of the young people want everything - they want the perfect nursery with the right colors and they want all the proper clothes hanging in the closet. Me - I hung a knit baby dress for all three kids in their closet just because someone told me that it was for good luck. What's good luck - I have three great kids (2 girls & 1 boy) and I wouldn't change things for the world. Whether or not I was told in advance of their births I still wouldn't change their birth order or who they are or who they have become. I love them all the same and respect their choices for future spouses.
However next week is another test of endurance and patience for all of us as we await to see what God will give us. Me, I just want a healthy, happy, well adjusted crying (hopefully no colic) grand baby that makes our hearts melt when we hold them. I want to praise God for making this happen and be grateful for the moment which I know will last a life time as this is another phase of my life that I have looked forward to. Life just can't get any better.

1 comment:

The Closes said...

Hey Gerri. I just sent Jack a rather important email and phone message. Just making sure he gets it.... ha. See you on the weekend.