Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Prayerful time

As most of you know Jack is the reader in our house...we have so many piles of books overflowing in his office, our family room and that's not to mention all the books you see in his office that are his as well...so we have run out of space at our house. However, even though I like to give him the gears every now and then about his book collection, he has introduced me (the non-reader) to some very good self-help books. I had a book called Breathe, which I am just about done and last night he gave me a book on prayer. The book is called Guerrillas of Grace - Prayers for the battle by Ted Loder. Very good title, I thought and then when I started to look at the categories I saw myself in each area that I was in need of prayer. But most of all when I read Ted's introduction (or probe as he calls it) this jumped out at me:
"For at last I believe life itself is a prayer, and the prayers we say shape the lives we live, just as the lives we live shape the prayers we say; and it all shapes the kingdom which expresses itself in and among us, and for which we are guerrillas. I hope these prayers help you to take some new territory, to liberate imaginatively some part of your life, my sister and brother guerrillas. "...thy kingdom come..."
Thank you Jack for giving me such a book to help feed my soul and spirit. Also for helping me get through the things that I must deal with and to try and be at peace with everything. I love you with all my soul and heart, you are my rock.

No comments: