Saturday, May 16, 2009

Diagnosis Error

I found out yesterday that my dad does not have an aneurysm but mostly lymphoma again. The doctor says that because he has so much creatin in his kidneys and that some of the lymph nodes are infected he will need to be put back on chemo therapy in early June. Next week he needs a stint put in; a main portal for his chemo and they have put him on a very strong antibiotic and a prescription of predisone. Also I just heard that my brother-in-law, Stephan's surgery will be June 17th in Morristown, NJ. So I need to get my flight booked in and be there for my sister, brother-in-law and my darling 2 nephews. There is so much to do and take care of, I just hope that I have the strength to do it all. Cancer is so much part of our vocabulary these days that I need some good news. I do have some and there is more to come but with all this comes the stress to deal with everyone around me. Jack is so good with me and I need to lean on him more and more these days. I pray so many times a day that I wonder if God is tired of hearing from me. I have to believe that he walks with each of us during our moments of great need and that he will always be with us. I pray that the Lord continue to watch over my loved ones and close friends that are suffering with this awful disease. I pray that all of our heavy hearts will soon be lifted and that we will once again have good days ahead of us.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

oh gerri, i'm so sorry to hear of your family's pain....and your's too.
i don't think it's possible for God to ever get tired or sick of us talking to Him!
i'm glad you and jack have each other to lean on...but please know that you have many others praying for you as well (hugs)

Anonymous said...

Gerry
Echo echo echo Brandi's comments.
Sorry your family is undergoing so many health issues. It seems like nurse has been a constant theme for you lately. I will pray for "seasons of refreshing" for you and yours.
I do believe God delights in hearing from us, so talk away. I am sure you are thankful when your children confide in you, even if the news is not always perfect. Just imagine how much more so it is with God.
Just remember...you are a very special child of God. I saw a great video on the weekend; the theme was "Lord send me" into the troubled times and places of our neighbourhoods. Not always easy to say, "Lord send me" but especially compassionate people do just that. Bless you for your servant heart.
Lots of love.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Thank you Brandi & Joan for all your love and support. It seems that when in need, you really know who hears your needs and sends the most encouraging words and support. I truly, thank you.
Gerri