Monday, May 11, 2009

Many prayers needed

I am in spiritual need! This has been the hardest week for our family in a long time. My very young, much loved young 47 year old brother-in-law, Stephan (my only sister's husband) was just diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer on Thursday. This past weekend it finally hit him that this is very serious. He thought that because he has competed in triathlons & is a marathon runner that it wouldn't happen to him. They live in the US and are able to access very good health care, but this is stage 4and there could be more issues if this has spread. Then on Saturday my dear great Aunt passed away at the age of 90. She filled every room with laughter and kindness and just pure fun. We will miss her dearly and she was the last of Grandpa's siblings to pass on. We attended her funeral in Vulcan today. Our house was filled with many family members from yesterday and will continue through part of the week. Then yesterday my darling children, Ryan, Breanne & Nicole (spouses too) took Jack and I out for dinner on Mother's day at Tony Roma's - quite a nice surprise with all that is going on.
Then to top it all off my dad went for his 2x a year cancer check up and it wasn't good. They have detected some wrong with his kidneys. As I type this we are waiting to hear what it is. When my younger brother, Mark called my dad he was near weeping on the phone and said that his CT scan was not good. This has all of us reliving the day we found out that he had Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the abdomen - 9 years ago. Such a horrific week and yet we must trust in the fact that God will be with all of us during our journey of treatments, surgery and the worst - the unknown. Pray, pray, pray......

3 comments:

erinlo said...

Oh my goodness, Gerri! I am so sorry to hear all this! I am praying, for sure. Please keep us updated on how it all turns out. Know that you are being prayed for right now!

Brandi said...

oh gerri, ((hugs))
i will be praying for you and your family

Anonymous said...

Thank you ladies for your prayers...this means a lot to me. So much bad news this week and yet bad news can be everywhere if we look, so on a positive note, we must look ahead and have faith that things will get better.

Gerri