Sunday, November 2, 2008

November 2008

Did I mention how much I like the Christmas Season (which is almost upon us)...when I see poppies being sold then I know that we are really close to getting out those Xmas ornaments. I play in a dice game with 11 other ladies called Bunco and we only play on the last Thursday of eight months of the year. Well I have the distinct honor of hosting our Christmas dinner/gift exchange and bunco on November 27th this year, so my house has to be all dressed up for Christmas. Being the Christmas fool that I am, I will have no problem in getting the inside of my house ready. Jack will be away mid-November so that is the time that I plan to accomplish most of my decorating. Actualy today, I persuaded my dear loving husband to come outside and help me get our Xmas Candy Canes & white Christmas tree up..actually the weather was at least plus 18 and no wind, so why not put up all these outside decorations while it is so warm...that's what I told him. But I also needed to rake up the neighbors leaves and some of ours in the back yard. Beautiful day! My bunco theme is Christmas - Elegant Entertaining...I asked that all the ladies dress for the evening.
The new light renovations are coming along very slowly. We had to return several lights yesterday as we realized that they were the wrong kind. Then we bought some other ones that I think will be much better. Jack invested in a new 6' ladder to help him with some tall fixtures...hopefully we can get the bathroom ones changed out this week as I will have some painting to do once that happens, and you know I don't want it to interfere with my Christmas decorating time frame.
So October has finished up on a good note and we are into November. Breanne will be turning 24 on the 10th of November...hard to believe my oldest daughter is almost a quarter of a century old. Time has a way of flying by. I remember laying her on the couch in early December 1984 while I put up the Christmas lights and her eyes were wide open looking at all the twinkling lights blinking off and on. Maybe that is why I enjoy this time of the year so much.
Time to go and get dinner started...Greek Chicken burgers tonight with greek salad. Might as well bbq while we can. I will keep you posted on the renovations for the week. Have a good one.
PS: Prayers requested for Jenn & Justin Mooney as they under a c-section for their triplets tomorrow. May God give the doctors a steady hand as they bring new life into this world. Such a miracle! Bless them all.

No comments: