Sunday, November 16, 2008

BC In 24 Hours

What a week this has been - first I had the flu and thought that the week would never end and then Jack left to go down to Post Falls, ID for a church conference. That didn't help and it made me very lonely for him. But the days ticked by and I knew that I would be going out to Vancouver for Uncle Ian's surprise retirement party and what a party. The worst part was getting up at 4:30 a.m. two days in a row. And I never sleep well so I'm usually awake every 40 - 70 mins. worrying if the alarm clock will go off. But I flew out, took our gps and was able to find the downtown hotel and even find a shopping centre that we visited a couple times many years ago. I even was able to give Dana & Rachelle directions from the ferry to the mall so they could follow me downtown to our hotel. But one of the other hilights was watching the Stampeders beat the Lions while watching the game in the lounge of Moxies Restaurant. Of course it was hard to contain the cheering when the room was so packed with Lions or Canuck fans - all who were dressed up in their jerseys. After the game it was time to decorate the room and get appies ready for the party. After that it was a pj party in my aunt & uncle's room just catching up with everyone before heading off to bed to have another early morning. This morning I was once again able to find the airport even at 5 am and dark, rainy, foggy weather. It was good leave but coming home to snow was a start..yet this is Calgary so wait one day it will be up to plus 11 tomorrow.
Jack is home and had a productive week so that is good. Now we will just have to get things in order for Christmas Bunco and then the real Christmas before we are off to Minneapolis for a Vikings football game.
Have a good week everyone and remember just over 30 days before Christmas!

No comments: