Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Rush

Well November is almost complete and now we move onto the busiest month of the year. I love this time of the year, with all the colors, music but best of all the friends & family that come to our home for the holidays. I love to bake and cook and share with everyone. This year we are planning on 13 for Christmas Eve dinner (Jaelyn, Rob & 3 girls), Ryan, Ashley(Bre's friend) Breanne, Marc, Nicole and Cecil. It should be fun having dinner, opening gifts and then playing the fun gift exchange. Then we move onto the real fun - playing Wii. We had a great time at Breanne's birthday so this should be a blast.
I have already done my first turkey dinner with Christmas baking by having my bunco ladies in for our annual Christmas bunco & gift exchange. We had a great time and my great friend, Barb bought me a beautiful flower arrangement for my table..so thoughtful. Barb and my neighbor Patti helped me clear up, move furniture, and then clear up again - what great friends I have...they were my guests but still have a heart as big as ever to help get things done. Thank you my dear friends.
Then yesterday I took the plate of left over baking to the office to share with my "guys" and they loved it (as usual). It was nice that they appreciated all the hard work that goes into making so many squares & cookies.
Today is a day to do some shopping and then start with all our outings for get togethers. We have chosen to go out rather than have everyone in all the time. It is easier for all of us that way...Jack and I plus some of our guests.
So with that I must go and get breakfast going and then get out the door to do a little more shopping.
Merry Ho Ho and Happy Shopping/Decorating/Baking or whatever is on your list!!!!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

'for those about to shop, i salute you'...you are a very brave soul...stay safe out there! :)