Friday, December 5, 2008

December Rush

I like to call this time of the year "December Rush"...because that is just what everyone does....rush, rush, rush...rush for a parking stall, then rush into the store (until you have to pay for something then there is no rush as the register lines are all really, really long). Our work just collected $800 from 13 folks so our company will match our money. We went to Neighborlink and got 2 families to support. Now everyone is rushing around trying to get clothes etc. for people that we haven't even met. I just got off the phone with my boss (who just happens to be the President) and even he said how hard it was to shop for little boys that he hasn't met etc. He did say that he will be talking with his 6 year old son about giving up some of the toys that he doesn't play with. Very commendable!
I have my Christmas party downtown tomorrow night and again it will be a rush...from first thing in the morning right up until we rush to the restaurant to set the tables with cenre pieces and names....plus I have to make up a list of instructions for my boss to read...again, rush, rush, rush.
Jack is in Regina at board meetings so things are a little more quiet here. He is due home tomorrow afternoon just in time to rush home from the airport to change clothes and rush out the door....there's that word again about rush. So I guess that I will end this with, "I have to go rush out and finish the dishes, get the laundry going and figure out my dress for tomorrow night...rush, rush, rush!!!! I'm sure that most can relate.

No comments: