Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Renovation time

We are preparing to renovate and update the look of our house. I just wish that I had more confidence in being able to do some things myself. I know how to use a hammer but that would just make a mess. I know how to use a saw, but that would wreck the cupboard. Okay let me explain - I have wanted to redo my kitchen for quite sometime but the cost would make it so that we would never recoup the money out of our house when we sell. So instead we need to make some minor changes in the kitchen keeping the cost down but esthetically improving the look. Last night we went out and bought new light fixtures for most of the house - WOW - we actually took the step and bought them. Now, hopefully (with lots of prayers & encouragement) my dear, sweet (did I say how wonderful my husband is) will actually start to replace them. I think that this will encourage him to want to get the kitchen renovated to a new era and not the one from my early post-high school days. I only want to knock down a set of cupboards (actually take them down and move them to a new wall - which I'm being told isn't possible)and get some more natural light into the cooking area. Then we need new counter tops and back splash area which is a big job as we have small, ugly 1980's tile to get rid of. Several folks told me that Home Depot has folks that can come out and give a quote for all of this kind of work...I think I'm calling them. There are so many choices of counter tops that it makes a person's head spin...just like that movie! Well just a few more decisions and lots of prayers then we should be travelling into a new room. Wish me luck or should I say, wish my dear, sweet, wonderful husband the best of luck in getting the lights changed over. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

good luck to you and Jack!! very few things in this life are impossible...but the closer to impossible you get, the more expensive it will be :)