Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Encouraging Sunday

Easter Sunday this year brought back many happy childhood memories. One was going to church as a family (this year my two daughters, Breanne & Nicole came with their 2 babies, Lyla & Wyatt). Plus Jack's son-in-law, Rob came for Easter service and even took communion with me. His wife & girls went back to Saskatoon for Easter/Spring break.
The singing was particularly good with many harmony songs. The communion was at stations (just like stations of the cross or like the Catholic church in coming forward to have communion or just a blessing). This was very encouraging. The only sad thing was not seeing some of the familiar faces that no longer attend for whatever the reason might be. I miss them but I understand the dilemma that they are going through.
Then our day was complete with all of my children & their spouses going to Nicole & Cecil's place for a complete turkey dinner. This was Nicole's first ever turkey, stuffing & gravy making attempt and boy she did a fabulous job. We all brought the rest of the meal and to top it off Breanne made for the first time (all because she had the Easter Egg Platter) deviled eggs. Again, a total surprise.
So to not be done over by his sisters, Ryan made a salad that even included him making candied pecans with cheese & cranberries and on top a raspberry vinaigrette dressing. I don't know if I can keep up with them and all their hidden talents. However, I guess that all the entertaining and cooking that I did when they lived at home has paid off for them to realize that KD isn't the only thing to make. I was so very, very proud of each of them for making my memories come to life on this very special day.
I pray that Easter was a special time in each of your hearts and that you had many old and new memories renewed.

1 comment:

Davis Family said...

We miss seeing you guys too!! Love to you both. Roberta, Wes & kids