Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spring a Time For New Beginnings

How fitting this title would be for what has gone on in our lives to date! As I sit and read and let my eyes wonder out to the trees, I see new buds trying to peak out from there winter rest. The snow has melted and the lush green grass is peaking out as well. The amazing thing that spring is truly happening right before my eyes, brings a similarity to our lives at the same time.
As trees bud and grass turns green, we have a newness about our life as well. Jack has a new road ahead of him and we hope that it will be green and budding as well. We pray that the newness of things being bigger and better than the last but most of all that he may fulfill his need in wanting to continue to help others.
I see so much newness a head including a home that we hope to call our own in just a few short months. We have watched on a daily basis from just a basement poured to having a floor put in place, to now having walls put up to form a real main floor. We hope to watch this "spring time of a home" come to life and bring happiness and delight to all of it's potential, just like the road ahead in life. We all want a happy road filled with being content, happy and pure pleasure. We don't want any disappointment or sadness but isn't that life as well? We have to learn from mistakes or hurt from others but the key word is to "learn"!
I want to go and worship with others but right now I still can't do that. Jack and I have started to do more devotions together. We have become closer and more guarded in our future plans but again we have decided when the time is right we will once again share with others in the Christian faith. Protecting each other is something that I see when birds build nests to lay there eggs and keep predators away...sometimes I feel like that protective bird not wanting others to come between my family, my home, my husband. And yet I know that the wanting and needing of being with other Christians praising the Lord and singing in harmony is still within my soul. So for now I will keep at arms length and share with a few until that day that I have to leave the nest and venture to a new home filled with Jesus love for us all.

2 comments:

Carrie Brown said...

I am excited to see what the future holds for you both. I know God has something really special in store for your future. Prayers for both of you and glad you are getting some fantastic weather!!

Brandi said...

Dear sweet Gerri...oh, how I know about not wanting to be in church lately...although my reasons differ slightly from yours. How easy it can be to walk away, but why does it seem so hard to step back in? I pray for healing for both of you and the desire to want to go back, eventually, when the time is right.
I know I will find my way back...I can hear Him whispering...