Friday, March 26, 2010

The Ink is Dry on This One

Well it's official! We have signed off on all the paperwork for the new house. Now when I say new, I mean a hole in the ground that has a basement poured and that's it. After much looking at new and gently used and after my husband hearing from me about "why we shouldn't live in this area or that area" we came to a decision. Okay, I came to a decision (sorry) and put a spec home on hold until I could bring Jack to the showhome.
Jack had a meeting on Tuesday evening and I told him that I was going looking (again) at a showhome in Cranston. His last words (of course before he said he loved me) were "And don't buy house tonight". Obviously his last words of "I love you" must of been etched in my mind because I forgot about the other words. However, being the loving, caring, want to give my wife what she needs/wants came through in the end because he went with me on Wednesday and signed off on all the paperwork as well left a deposit cheque to continue with the building of our very own, brand new, never used home. As well another saying of "A happy wife, is a happy life" comes to mind.
One thing that I must say is that I have listened to so many "new home building folks" and the problems that they have had with selecting items (cupboards, flooring, counter tops etc) and I didn't have any problems with what has already been selected for this home. I guess when the word "upgrade" or "this is an upgrade from the standard" and they were already included in the price...why would I complain or want to change it???? After all my husband loved the price and so let's just go with the "we finally made a decision and we signed/paid for that decision". The best part was that the house was actually listed at one price, then when I was there on Tuesday it had come down a couple of thousand dollars; then when we went Wednesday the price had dropped again so Jack said just before signing, can I come back Thursday and it will be a different price again?
Now we must get ready to list our house next week and see what traffic comes through our (of course) very gently used 1989 house. It will be sad to leave this home as we came into this residence with much heavy baggage from our previously loved house and we watched all three of my kids grow into their teenage years there. Then the beloved grandchildren came to visit and even stay over with me there. As well we have had the best neighbors anyone could ever ask for. Kevin is out before the crack of dawn and makes sure our driveway and front sidewalk is clear of snow (it's usually a race to see who gets there first - him or us) as well his loving wife, Patti has been a true Christian sounding board for me. We have shared highs and lows of each of our families growing up, but I know that we are only across Deerfoot Trail for a visit. But I'm sure the next home will find us getting to know new friends on our block. I'm positive that God will continue to be with us on our journey of house building and selling. Stay tuned........

No comments: