Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Life Continues To Be Very Busy

I can't believe how busy we can all get. Our home (empty Nester's my foot) is hardly empty nor unoccupied. We are so busy, like this past weekend. Jack went to Regina as he sits on the board for Western Christian School. These past couple of months have been very stressful and time consuming for him. He is there again today with more meetings and that after 4 days on the weekend. Hopefully God can help with all the decisions that need to be made and that many folks won't feel hurt or unheard, but that they will wrap their arms around the folks that have to make heavy decisions.

Then while he was gone, I decided that I should have a "Girls Sleepover" party and so both girls came and brought the babies. What a great time - watching chick flicks, eating from Wok Box and then having a fruit/chocolate fondue. We had a great time. I just love being a mother and now a grandmother. These past couple of years has made me treasure my time with my daughters so much more than when they were growing up. I even feel guilty that Ryan is a boy and couldn't share with us on the weekend. I am so involved with my grandbabies and both of the girls reach out and ask for my opinion or my advise on food, formula or just growing up babies. Anyone out there going through the terrible two's or teenage years or just adolescence, just know that I had all of that and now this is the best time ever. God has allowed me to share so much with my kids and get so much back with having my grandbabies. The happiness that I feel for these "kids" is so over whelming that I could just break down in tears. So back to my weekend.....after the girls left late on Saturday, I headed out to look at some show homes (to decide if we are building a new house) and then out with our realator, Kevin to see a home that was built 4 years ago. Needless to say, I didn't buy anything and we will continue to check out homes to see what fits our lifestyle.
Once home from there, grocery shopping and going to Home Depot to pick up some tools, I started to work on our master shower. The dreaded job that I did manually three years ago - stripping out all the ugly grout. Well this time I had an electric drummel, safety glasses, a mask and a light. Nasty job - Sat night for 3 hours and then Sunday for another 3.5 hours. But it is now stripped down. Then I had to get ready for Nicole's 23rd birthday party...chicken fajita's, salad and lemon/blueberry cheesecake...so things to make and places to really clean after the white dust flew. Then Marc & Ryan took out the hide-a-bed & a chair to go to Breanne's place. Plus each kid took some of their personal items to help clean up on the things to be sorted.
So after all the festivities Sunday night came to an end, we were both exhausted for different reasons. But after talking about our weekend we realized that we both accomplished so much in such little time. After much prayer we know that God will see us through our missions and at the end of the day we know that we have done our best.
Then Monday we started all over again - going to work; going out to look at 2 more houses; cleaning up and stacking bins & labeling everything; then Tuesday, Jack flew back to Regina; I went to work to come home and clean up some more bins as well sort through my old "tickle trunk" to have it ready for Breanne to pass onto Lyla with some great dress up clothes. So many happy memories in there.
But all in all we are getting things in place and ready to move onto another chapter in our lives. We just realized that we never have had the opportunity to search out a house together for our life..so this is a new and exciting time and I truly am excited about venturing out to find our dream come true place. Home is where the heart is and where God surrounds us in our day to day routine. He is there in times of happiness, sickness but most of all he is just there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i surely enjoy all your writing type, very exciting,
don't give up as well as keep penning for the reason that it just simply very well worth to read it,
excited to browse way more of your current content articles, goodbye :)