Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 Ends and 2009 Comes in Being Sick

I am writing this from the hotel in Minneapolis, MN and it has not been a good week down here. It started out okay with us arriving here on Christmas Day with it being a stop over before going to Morris Plains, New Jersey to see my sister, family and my parents for New Years. However, Jack had other plans in mind. I gave Jack tickets to the Vikings football game (great time & great seats) and we did that, then the following day we did a tour of the plant for my work plus we managed to find a Outlet mall and do some shopping. Jack complained about not feeling well and that his legs hurt so we came back to the hotel (that was Monday). We were to fly out at 10:30 the next morning...well Jack was sick all night long (I will leave the description out). So the next day he was obviously too sick to travel and so I left him (thinking that he would improve) but that didn't happen. I enjoyed my time (as much as you can, while missing Jack & worrying)and at 2:30 am right after ringing in the New Year, I phoned the airline and changed my ticket to come back to Minneapolis on New Year's day rather than the 2nd of Jan. Jack didn't look good but I was able to get him to have some rice last night and a today some dry toast and tonight some more rice. He has been on water, gaterade and tylenol...trust me we couldn't find anything here and the hotel doesn't have much for those suffering with what we think is the flu.
Tomorrow we leave and I will be glad to hit Canadian soil and see how he manages on the flight.
We hope that everyone had a nice Christmas and we wish all our family and friends the very best for 2009 (Happy New Year).

No comments: