Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Day In History Making

Today was the day that Barrack Obama took all of his long walks, swearing on the bible and then more walks, parades, lunches and 10 balls being hosted in his honour. But the best part was that Jack and I were just in Washington in September for my cousins wedding. Thank you Camille & Vicky for choosing your beautiful city of Washington, DC to host your wedding. We feel very honored for being two of only 60 people invited to your nuptuials. But another good thing was that we got to spend one week exploring this beautiful city of such rich history. Then today on tv I watched all the places that we had gone to and walked through or around (like the White House). They haven't allowed tours for sometime but we were able to take pictures through the iron fence that surrounds the White House. Watching tv with the President Elect Barrack Obama and seeing all these places really was moving and exillerating. I know that this will be the day that I never forget as to where I was and what I was doing. But I will always remember my first time of being in Washington and seeing this city of history in the making.

No comments: