Wednesday, January 7, 2009

January 7th, 2009

Well we have survived another week and Jack is still home trying to recuperate from his illness. We still aren't 100% sure what exactly he has but he is being a real trooper about his medication. He has to drive himself to either the hospital or the home care unit at the emergency centre in South Calgary and get one small bag of intravenous antibiotics. Plus he is taking oral antibiotics...let's hope he continues to get healthy. We all take our health for granted and then when something happens we realize how vulnerable we are.
There is so much to do around the house with the all Christmas decorations to come down and be put away for another year. But tonight I had Jack help hook up my WII fit and I just loved it. I was able to do some aerobics and a few other games. My balance isn't bad but I have a long ways to go to get fit...okay I'm going to blame it on the Christmas food, chocolates, wine and all round Christmas time plus I am getting up there in age. Besides isn't January the time that everyone makes a commitment to get fit and loose weight??? I know that I do!
Okay another week almost gone by and then we have three weeks left in January (this is the count down to end winter). Let's pray that Jack gets on the mend and he is healthy for his upcoming surgery and recovery time in February.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

we're all praying for Jack at the office...he needs to come back soon so there is someone around to laugh at my dry sarcastic humor! but seriously, we hope he gets well very soon :)

and good for you for trying the wii thingy...keep at it and you'll feel awesome in no time!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Brandi for the prayers, Jack & I both appreciate that. I think that he is looking forward to getting back into a regular routine...and of course being in the office!

Gerri

John, Angie and the kiddos said...

Hey you guys. Sorry to hear about the illness, that sucks, and must be incredibly frustrating. Hope healing comes quickly!! At least the Flames are playing great.

P.S. When Jack gets better and starts playing the Wii, please send pictures of him playing. Please.