Sunday, April 13, 2008

Viva Las Vegas and Home Again

Well we had the new wheels and had to take a quick (and I mean quick) trip down to Vegas. We left around 1:00 pm on April 2nd and returned on Wed. April 9th at 7:30 pm (after a horrible 2 hour wait at customs - but that's another story). We put just shy of 4500 km on the new car and it handled like a charm..or at least that is what Jack said, as I only drove to the border and then I passed the wheel to him. We figured out many, many years ago that Jack is a better driver than navigator. This trip was for total relaxing and shopping at all our favorite places - Outlets, Cracker Barrel, Outlets and then the stores in Vegas. We even had the pleasure of finding out that Wayne & Joyce Holmgren would be in Vegas so we hooked up for a lovely supper at Cesar's with them. The weather was warm, the pool nice and cool and the malls just waiting for us to spend our near dollar investment.
Now driving home we kept a watchful eye on the weather reports and each day we missed out on the rain/snow that was originally forecast. Then last Thursday (already home) the major snow that we were to get on the road finally came through Calgary...great timing. Jack's health was fine but I picked up something and by late Thursday afternoon my voice was disappearing and by Friday 6:00 am, I could barely leave an audible message for my boss to say I couldn't come into the office. So today, Sunday, my voice is still not back fully but I need to get into the office as next Tuesday Jack has his kidney stone surgery and I will be off that complete week with him in the hospital. Good thing that I had 30 sick days in the bank to use.
I have three ladies and Breanne coming over on Wed evening to finish the mint bags and tonight I spent 3 hours just doing the thank you tags that need to be attached to the bags...boy won't I be an expert when my kids go to get married!
Well enough typing - it's time to get to the hockey game as the Flames just tied up 3 - 3 and there is some penalties coming to Calgary...nerve racking...till next time.

No comments: