Sunday, April 27, 2008

Home is a better place to rest

Jack realized a long time ago that home is a better place to rest. He doesn't have to listen to annoying visitors (not his); noisy cell phones ringing all the time (not his) and then his bed is bigger (his), however on Thursday they gave him a brand new hydraulic bed that adjusted in all the right places every time he shifted...I'm sure for patients that have long term care, this is great for not getting bed sores.
Anyway we are home now and things are a little quieter. Jack can rest as much as he likes and no one will be in to check his blood pressure, or give him some pain medication. We are just busy watching movies and getting caught up in the news that we missed out on this past week.
Life will be a big quieter this week as I will be returning to work and Jack will continue to rest. If I could just get him to finish up some of the things for my parents 50th Anniversary/70th Birthday's then I could accomplish a few more things. But I still have a couple more weeks so I should be done in time.
Thanks to all the friends and my family that have sent emails and best wishes to Jack - you truly are there in good times and bad times. I needed to see this as much as Jack did. We love all of you for being part of our lives and for brightening our days. God Bless All of You!!!!

1 comment:

Nicola said...

Glad to hear he's getting back to normal! We've been thinking about him.