Sunday, April 20, 2008

April Winter

This is Calgary when you get as much snow in one weekend as we had all during the winter months. I thought that I could hold off entering a blog until Jack has his surgery, but this has been unbelieveable. Last weekend Jack and I were sitting outside catching some great sunshine rays, and this weekend we were digging out our driveway. We even had to cancel out dinner downtown last night,as the roads were so bad. My car is very light and so you really feel the icy road conditions (that was Jack talking) as today I took my turn driving to church and as long as you don't drive to fast it was okay - still icy but okay.
The poor robins have been huddled together and near our garage door so that when you open or close the door, it seems they want to hop right into the garage. But the real sad thing is that there is nothing for them to eat. Last weekend we saw several robins eating the dried out berries on the neighbors tree. But this weekend, there is nothing for them.
So we are in the count down for surgery and last night we got a call from Marshall Hare who is having 2 differnt kinds of surgery. He asked if Jack got a room yet at the hospital, and when I explained that we won't know anything until Monday afternoon, Marshall said that he would put a word in for Jack and try and get Jack a bed in his room. Now that would be good for visiting and for both of them. However, this is not a hotel so I'm not sure how that works...but a good thought, thanks Marshal!
Well the 1st intermission is over in the hockey game and Calgary leads 1 to 0, so I must get back to cheering. The next blog should be when surgery is over...stay tuned!

No comments: