Wednesday, January 2, 2008

January 2008 - Back to Work

Christmas is officially done for another year and what a good Christmas it was. Jack and I drove back to Saskatoon to meet a new granddaughter and visit with both sides of the family. With so many people to visit with we split our time between a hotel and a furnished apartment. It was the perfect way to go. Louella, Steph & boys were in from New Jersey and so we got to relive Christmas excitement with the boys...doesn't seem like that many years ago and my kids were that small. We visited with both my brothers and families plus my folks. We visited with Todd, Michelle, Ireland and new granddaughter, Peyton. Michelle and I had fun putting Peyton into a Christmas stocking & hat for some great pictures. Then on Boxing Day, we met with Darin, Donna & girls and Todd's family at Fudruckers for dinner. What an interesting time. It was nice to see all the kids and see how much they have grown since our last visit. Time goes by so quickly that we must visit the girls more often...a must to work them into our busy schedules.
Back at home and Jack has become my fix it man! He was busy over the last 2 days of vacation putting up new blinds and taking the old ones out to the dump. We can't believe that we waited so long to get these old dusty blinds replaced. The only downside is that the house is much darker at night time...so we might have to be like my parents and use a flash light if you travel through the house at night - especially in the winter months.
I started to go through pictures for Mom & Dad's album (50th Anniversary) and some of the pictures are hilarious. I even had Lou looking through her older pictures to send to me. She was laughing at some of them and remembering all the funny times. However we have all grown a little in the years gone by and I don't just mean the kids. The nice thing about doing this job is that I can determine which pictures get in and which don't...so siblings be nice to me or you might not see a nice picture of yourself!
Must get some work done - Happy New Year to all and may God bring you health & happiness for 2008.

No comments: