Monday, January 28, 2008

Freezing Cold

Wow - winter blew in with a vengeance. We got to -42 last night with a wind chill. I can't remember it being that cold in many, many years. We got some snow but not a whole bunch. My folks came for a visit on Friday and were unable to go up to Edmonton this morning, nor could they head back to Saskatoon. But being the retired folks that they are, they can hang around another day, eat left overs and just plain chill out and I mean chill out! We had all the kids here for dinner last night, so it was a great time having them visit and get there Grandparents all caught up in their daily lives. Ryan brought Lauren over for everyone to meet - a very nice girl. She is attending U of C and is pursuing a medical degree just like her mother. Her parents and brother now live in Houston, Texas. Lauren and Breanne's boyfriend, Marc reminisce about Montreal as Marc is from there and Lauren went to McGill University there last year. It seems like they have experienced a lot of the same places.

I took my parents and we drove down to Vulcan on Saturday. We visited with my great Aunt Bertha. She talked a lot about being the last of the Alain kids. It took me a while to figure that out, but she is right. My grandfather died a few years ago and so she is the last surviving sibling. I guess that we just take it for granted that all family members are from the same side of the family and in fact there not. However, we did have the best visit with her and she is looking great for being 88. Her mind is very sharp and she could look through pictures and know everyone in there. Norbert & Shirley don't get back to Vulcan until April, so perhaps Jack and I will have to go down and have visit with her sometime soon - maybe when it warms up some.

No comments: