Monday, December 6, 2010

An Exciting Month

December is always such an exciting month. I love everything about Christmas and it starts with getting the house ready with baking, card writing and of course decorating. I also love buying gifts, clothes etc. for our adopt a family that we take on at work. Now in December we have Jack and Wyatt to share birthday gatherings and so that's even more exciting.
But this year I have chosen to take Jack away for a warm vacation....our gift to each other. He hasn't had much luck in finding any work and so a friend from work showed me this awesome cruise in the Caribbean and we leave Saturday from Miami. Now being the travel convey nor, I decided to book our flights only through warm destinations so we aren't storm stuck somewhere. So Wed am we fly to Phoenix and then onto Miami on Thursday. We will be trading the snow in for some sand and then on the weekend we trade the regular sand in for much whiter sand (or at least that's what I'm told).
When we get back it will already be the week of Christmas and so there will be lots to do to get ready for family to arrive from Saskatoon. Plus the babies should be walking by then. Last night at the (shared) birthday event, Wyatt took 2 steps to me without hanging onto anything. I will miss seeing him walk but I know that 10 days away isn't long for him to get running.
So Merry Christmas to everyone and may the Lord Jesus be close to your heart over the holiday season.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Loved your holiday pictures on FB!

May 2011 be the best year ever for you and Jack!

Love you guys :)