Sunday, August 30, 2009

Closer to the Big Day

Today, was Nicole's day! Something that all mother's look forward to and dream about (next to their wedding and birth of their children). Breanne (one bridesmaid) and Leah (another bridesmaid) helped put on Nicole's wedding shower today. It was marvelous with almost 30 ladies there. A big thank you to all my dear friends that brought some wonderful food to help with the celebration (after all a women's get-together always goes well with food)! Nicole was literally moved to tears with some of her gifts and seeing some of the ladies there. We had invited a lady Patti, (her daughter and mother-in-law)- Patti was Nicole's babysitter when we moved to Calgary many years ago. Nicole has stayed in touch with the family but she never thought about us putting them on the shower invite list. So what a pleasant surprise for her.
I got to meet Nicole's mother-in-law to be, and what a nice lady. This lady is afraid of groups and has a phobia so it was nice to meet her and tell her that it's okay if she can't come into the room...she did, after her daughter arrived. She also told me that Nicole has been a special gift in her life for all that she has done to help her over come her phobia. As well, Nicole called her mom for the first time yesterday, when she put on a surprise 60th birthday dinner at her house. She said that no one has ever done that for her...now there's a warm, fuzzy feeling of good will towards a person that needs to be cared for. I know my daughter and I know that these kind gestures come from her heart and in wanting to help someone in need.
So I've got one big event done and a couple more to do before this year is finished. I know that with God on my side, good friends that care about me, my loving and supportive husband, that I can get through a couple more events. I love my children dearly and no one or nobody will take away the joys that I will be celebrating with them. I stand my ground in my beliefs as well I stand before anyone that dares to question these decisions. I believe that I am a deep,caring, supportive person for anyone that I encounter and all I ask is for the same respect.

No comments: