Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Special Secret Announcement

I can now fully tell my secret which is that I will soon be gaining a wonderful son-in-law. As of this morning, far up on a gondola, overlooking Sunshine mountain, my daughter, Breanne had her boyfriend (Marc) got down on one knee and proposed marriage to her. This is so exciting as Jack and I have been fully involved in this very romantic engagement for just over a week now. Marc came by the house asking me for Breanne's hand in marriage; to having me secure hockey tickets to the Montreal vs. Calgary game last night. This is where the original proposal was to take place as Marc is originally from Montreal so we thought that this would so romantic. Then Marc enquired about getting the proposal on the jumbo tv but the cost was $5,000 - so it was that or an engagement ring and being a smart man, he chose to keep the money for a ring (he's learning). So that precipitated him to take her to Banff, stay at the Banff Springs hotel, go skiing and propose up there. What he wasn't looking for was his favorite hockey team losing (quite badly); his car getting stuck in the ditch just outside of Canmore (it's still there); leaving his confirmation number in the car for his paid ski package (good for concierge folks to phone the booking travel agent to get this confirmed for being a paid client) and then having Breanne get sick on the bus ride to the top of the ski hill. Needless to say this will be quite the story to write in their wedding book on "how we got engaged". Another little surprise for both of them is that Jack got a banner made up that asks the question: Bre, will you marry me..which was to be used at the hockey game but when that plan didn't work, Jack and I decided to go and pin the sign up at there place so that they will always have another special memento of this occasion. But I'm just relieved to say the least that this secret stayed safe and that we will have a very special occasion in the very near future. Jack and I feel truly blessed with such wonderful times ahead of us.

5 comments:

Brandi said...

what a great story! no wonder you wanted to spill the secret :) congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks B ... I'm so relieved and yet so excited for them.

erinlo said...

What a sweet story!!! I read your post earlier today and have been in suspense all day!!!! Congratulations on your new son in law to be. He sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Erin, Marc is very nice man with a big heart, so my daughter is very blessed to have found him.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!