Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day - Thankyou to Fathers

Yesterday was Father's Day and at our house with no kids around, it was a quiet celebration. However, it did make me relive some of the more special days of celebrating over the years. Some years I felt like both Mother's Day and Father's Day were my celebration of surviving another year as a single parent. Then when Jack was in my life he took over the Step-father role and helped me with raising my kids. This is a tribute to him for surviving those years as I know that they weren't easy. He not only nurtured my kids but he helped me to nurture in more of a motherly role than in previous years. Jack, thank you for being the kind of man that you are and thank you for being my children's step-father when they needed that male role model growing up. Love you!

No comments: