Wednesday, April 6, 2011

One Year Later.......

Jack and I looked at the calendar and were reminded that one year ago our life would not be the same. In some ways this has been an awful year and in other ways it has brought new friends into our lives.

When people are displaced they go through many emotions as well they question every step they take, wondering if it would be the right one. We still are questioning our next "church family" step and we haven't quite figured out what that looks like. I must say that one of the things I miss most is the acapela singing and I know that most would say "WHAT". But having come from instrumental services before, I just fell in love with harmony singing. We have found some awesome speakers and we know that we can be fed spiritually from several different churches, but the music is truly missed. I think it has to do with the lead up to the sermon and that the music can touch your heart & soul.

Jack has now started to work part-time with a funeral company - Evan Strong Funeral and he is really enjoying it. He has helped out a couple of families that were looking and one that needed a funeral service. Everyone of our friends that he has talked to has said that this is the perfect career for him, especially with his personality. This new career has allowed us to think more about our life span and has also made us more aware of what each of us wants when our time is up. I'm glad that we have lots of Acapella music cd's as this will be something that we both want when our lives are celebrated.

Tomorrow I fly (compliments of my brother-in-law) to New Jersey to surprise my sister for her 50th Birthday. The two of us girls are then being whisked away to New York for the weekend to see a show (Jersey Boys); staying at the Marriott Hotel in Time Square and just enjoying shopping, the spa and whatever else we can find and do. Stephan is one wonderful husband and brother-in-law and I am so glad that he was able to help plan this surprise for her. The secret keeping will soon come to an end and I will be happy as we have kept this from her since January.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Jack and I were talking about the anniversary yesterday at breakfast. Crazy....

And praying for a safe trip for you (and Jack as he goes to WCC) and I hope you have a fabulous, amazing time with your sister!!