Sunday, May 16, 2010

Life's Journey

Our journey lately has been a turbulent one but we have held our ground and become closer as a couple. We have loved watching our new home getting built and much like life the house has most of the outside complete. So we continue to journey together and apart finding new things and new friends.
Jack signed me up for a ladies golf school to help me "refine" my game and meet some new ladies. So last week was my first lesson and wouldn't you know it but a golf supplier for the company I work for, is my instructor. Of course he only knows me from work and not my "golf skills". Wasn't he in for a surprise. Not to mention that I was enrolled in a intermediate class - not a beginners. So much to my surprise I met some lovely ladies (only 6 in the class) and also learned quite a bit about my handling of a golf club plus my stance was all wrong. I also learned that I needed to get "newer" clubs as mine were from the 80's. So after a great discount from my instructor, hitting the driving range yesterday was wonderful. I am really excited about going for lesson #2 on Tuesday.
Yesterday was a first of open houses for our house and one promising lady that came through. Our realtor plans on having a couple more open houses next weekend, as well the one lady plans to bring her brother through, as she dislikes the kitchen (this was my opinion as well). Her brother is a contractor so she wants his opinion on what could be done. We pray that they see the beauty of the whole house and that she will make this her home (after Breanne's wedding in July).
So life's journey continues for both of us. Jack is reading more and keeping his spirits up and we are faithfully doing our devotions together to enrich and bring us closer together to God as a couple, plus we are getting on with our life in whatever direction that takes us.
Thank you to all of you that have reached out to us this past month...we couldn't of gone on with out all your prayers, letters, cards, and emails. We love all of you and want you to know that Life's Journey has taken on another avenue and we are feeling blessed by all of you.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Ahh, this is cool! Your golf lessons sound exciting! Hope you improve and get to make some new friends. :)
Yay for spring!!