Sunday, January 24, 2010

Uplifting Sermon

Last night (like most Saturday evenings lately) we went to First Alliance Church. What a great building, wonderful people but the message was the best. I know that we have now heard four different ministers and each one has left me with the feeling, "now that's a sermon" and what a message for the week. I found myself taking notes last night and trust me that is something that I have never felt inclined to do. The sermon last night was about all of us having a small knapsack that we carry with life's burdens. The message talked about us carrying our personal, business, and general life's business of burdens around with us all day/night. The message was clear, concise and I got it! Terry (the minister) filled this small knapsack with small rocks as being our burdens. Not only did I get it, but I could relate to the message. What an evening! Then when we were sitting and having coffee in the foyer one of the young woman that works at our sister-company, came over to find out how long we had been attending this church. She knows Jack's brother & niece from Yellowknife - so this was a great connection with someone that is also very enthralled with the messages being delivered. I feel blessed to be living near a church that can leave a person with a feeling of peace, understanding but most of all with a message that says God is here to help us all with our burdens. We just need to pray and trust in him to let his words help us so that we can lose the burdens. And the people all said "AMEN"!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I love FAC too! Definitely one of the better churches in this city :)