Tuesday, October 9, 2007

October Update

Well, I didn't know that I had people following this blog so I best be writing something in here. September went by like a blurr as with the CCOC conference in Kananaskis behind me and now I am starting to work on 2008 (20th Anniversary) conference perhaps out in Lake Louise. Jack and I will be going to the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise for our 16th Wedding Anniversary this coming weekend. I have a little work to do there for the conference and Jack will be relaxing. We can't believe that 16 years of marriage have almost come and gone. I must say that I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband that loves me, cares for me and places me beside him in every decision that I our life takes us. I love you darling and look forward to many, many more years to come.
Thanksgiving weekend took both of us to different cities as I had to be in Saskatoon to continue planning my parents 50 Wedding Anniversary and there 70th Birthdays, next May and Jack was at Western for board meetings to hear a great speaker, Gerry Rushford from Pepperdine University, Malibu CA. I was torn to go down and hear Gerry after all we have loved all five years at going to Pepperdine Lecturship but I knew that if I didn't get all my jobs done, this anniversary wouldn't be getting planned. Things came together rather well, and I got to spend time with my brothers, sister-in-law and one out of three nephews. My youngest brother, Mark had us to his house for dinner. He was very proud of his kitchen renovation not to mention he is quite the cook. My parents made the Thanksgiving Dinner on Sunday, when Jack returned from Regina and we all got a great visit in. Thanks to Caren for spending some time with me and taking me to different shopping areas of Saskatoon. That city is sure growing! Jack and I left early yesterday to get back before the highway rush. This weekend marks our 10th Anniversary of our horrible house tragedy so I was just a little nervous about leaving the house alone. Nicole came home a couple of times to check on things so that made me feel better.
Well I must get some work done as this will be a short week. A very happy and belated Thanksgiving to everyone.

No comments: