Monday, May 14, 2007

Month of May and Many Activities

Well we are back from our holidays to the US. What a great time we had with all the beautiful summer weather and a very good time at lectureship. Barb and I know how to hear some great speakers and then sit by the fountain and take in the fantastic weather - thanks my dear friend for a great time!
The month of May has brought some good news and some sad news. First for the good news - Jack is going to be a Grandpa again!!!! God has blessed Todd, Michelle and Ireland with a baby on the way. The family is to be growing in numbers sometime in
December. We are thrilled for them as we know how long they have prayed for this to happen. Ireland will make a great older sister.
Our church has been blessed with many new babies and I feel that shows ua that God is at work right here in the City of Calgary. I am fortunate enough to even get to hold and take in the sweet smell of new life, and nothing could be better.
The bad news is that my Uncle Dana is waiting to find out what kind of cancer he has and this past week has been a roller coaster ride waiting for the news. All the family knows is that the cancer is in his colon and could be elsewhere. Being that Jack and I feel quite close to them we have volunteered to have blog devoted to Uncle Dana's health so watch for the icon to click on and take you to "Dana's Diary".
Jack and I got to share the weekend with my brother, Mark and my parents as we were in need of house painting. And painting we did! Mark and my dad turned our house into a new home - thanks to you both - we love you for all that you did in helping us. Now it's going to be time to hunt for those special pictures to hang on the walls.
Mother's Day was special as I got to celebrate it with my Mom and all my kids came over for a meal and a great visit. It was nice to hear each of them catch up with their Uncle and Grandparents...seems like yesterday when Mom & Dad were taking my kids camping for a couple of weeks...it's like they never lost any years together. I feel very blessed that my kids have a special relationship with their Grandparents and that they spent many quality times on summer trips with them.

May God be at work in your lives and may he continue to watch over all of you and keep you healthy....until next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.